Dear Dental Masters of Ravenswood patients,
We hope this letter finds you and your families in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office. No one is allowed in our office if they have a fever, cough, or have had contact with a COVID-19 positive person within the past 14 days.
- Please take your temperature at home the evening before and before coming to the office.
- Patients who have symptoms of acute respiratory illness or signs of a fever (100.4 degrees or greater) will be asked to reschedule their appointments until they are free of fever without the use of fever-reducing or other symptom-altering medicines (e.g. cough suppressants).
- We have modified our patient check-in process. Check-in is done over the phone since our reception room is closed. We ask that you call us when you have arrived in the building for your appointment.
- Patients will wait to be called-in for their appointment once the previous patient is gone and sanitation is complete.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you.
- Only patients may enter the office. Spouses, friends and caregivers need to wait outside.
- We ask that you arrive wearing a mask.
- Your temperature and oxygen saturation will be taken upon arrival.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office.
- You will then be taken to your operatory where we will ask that you wash your hands and rinse your mouth for 60 seconds.
- To minimize aerosols, we will utilize rubber dam isolation or an Isodry when possible.
- Our office staff will be donning more than usual PPE. Because of the added expense of treating patients in the COVID-19 era, there will be an added expense of $15 per visit. Insurances may cover all or most of this fee. You will see it as code D1999 on your bill or claim.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep every patient safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 773-588-7840.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Renieris and The Dental Masters of Ravenswood Team